Mid Day Meal (MDM)
Mid day meal scheme was started in 1984 in Gujarat. In this scheme the share of central government is of 75% and the share of State government is of 25%. it involves provision for free lunch on working days for children in primary & upper primary classes in government aided, local body school.
- To provide hot cooked meal to children.
- To improve nutritional status of children.
- To encourage poor children belonging to disadvantaged sections, to attend school more regularly & help them concentrate on classroom activities, thereby increasing the enrollment, retention & attendance rates.
- To Decrease the drop out ratio of the students in school.
- The subsidiary aim is to provide the employment in Rural Sector.
Service Category : Monitoring on District Level.
Associated branches : MDM Branch at Taluka Level.
Features of scheme
Cooking Cost For students
|Sr. No. ||Detail ||Std 1 to 5 ||Std 6 to 8 |
| || ||Quantity ||Rate (Rs.) ||Quantity ||Rate (Rs.) |
|1 ||Vegetables ||50 ||1.22 ||75 ||1.84 |
|2 ||Gas ||- ||0.61 ||0 ||0.90 |
|3 ||Dalaman ||50 ||0.05 ||75 ||0.08 |
|Total || ||1.88 || ||2.82 |
Daily Ratio of Mid Day Meal for Student
|Sr. No. ||Detail ||Daily Quantity (in grams) |
| || ||Std 1 to 5 ||Std 6 to 8 |
|1 ||Wheat/Rice ||100 ||150 |
|2 ||Dal ||20 ||30 |
|3 ||Vegetables ||50 ||75 |
|4 ||Oil ||10 ||10 |
|Total ||180 ||265 |
Daily Menu in Arvalli District
|Day ||Monday ||Tuesday ||Wednesday ||Thursday ||Friday ||Saturday |
|Food ||Fada Khichdi of Mix Wheat/Dal Dhokli ||Dal-Rice ||Dal Dhokli ||Khichdi and Vegitable and Sukhdi at 4:00 PM ||Mix Khichdi ||Sukhdi / Lapsi |